Dollar Bank FSB Mainframe System Programmer Officer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The primary function of this position is to install, maintain, tune and debug IBM Mainframe System Software. Additional responsibilities are to assist in installation, maintenance, problem diagnosis, and management of mainframe storage. Training and supporting junior staff members and entry-level Intern positions is also expected.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field required. Will consider commensurate experience.
• Minimum 5 years of Mainframe Systems Programming experience installing & maintaining key software products including utilizing IBM JCL & Utilities, CA-1, DFSMS, CA-ACF2 Security, TSO/ISPF and SMP/E required.
• Position requires being able to analyze program dumps and/or traces to resolve problem situations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with IBM DASD (DS888x), IBM TS3500, IBM CSM and TS77xx Virtual Tape Systems or equivalent Enterprise Storage Equipment utilizing Innovation software (FDRABR, FATS, etc.) or other Mainframe Backup software solutions required.
• Work Experience with Microsoft Office products required.
• Position requires sharing on-call responsibilities and occasional work during off-hours, weekends and/or holidays to accomplish departmental goals.
• Experience with CICS, IBM MQ and (IIB) Integration Bus preferred.
• Experience with IPCS, RMF, WLM, IDMS, SMPE preferred.
• Experience with Luminex solutions (VTS) preferred.
• Candidate must be able to work independently or with a team.
• Candidate must have good communication and organizational skills.
• Candidate must be able to travel periodically for educational or Disaster Recovery purposes.
Principle Activities and Duties:
• Install new releases of IBM Mainframe System software.
• Install Software Maintenance utilizing SMP/E or other relevant system utilities.
• Define / Configure new hardware to the IBM Mainframe Environment.
• Analyze, debug and resolve IBM Mainframe related performance problems and abends.
• Develop, Maintain and Test annually Disaster Recovery Procedures for the IBM Mainframe.
• Make CPU Upgrade Recommendations based on IBM Mainframe Capacity Planning Studies.
• Interface with all Information Technology Departments to provide support and guidance.
• Provide Management with procedures & documentation to address OCC, FDIC, SOX 404 and PCI/DSS Audits.
• Configure System Managed Storage (SMS) and support/code Assembler/COBOL System related Exits.
• Support key software products (ie: Z/OS, CICS, CA-ACF2, IDMS Database, Websphere MQ or Message Broker).
Address: Liberty Commons Building
Employment Status: Full-time
Schedule Information: Monday-Friday, 8AM - 4:15PM
Benefits Information: Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym membership reimbursement.
Part-time employees qualify for 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym reimbursement.
For more information, please visit http://www.dollar.bank/company/careers/benefits .
EEO Statement: Dollar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.