Dollar Bank FSB Commercial Real Estate Underwriter in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Commercial Real Estate Underwriter will be primarily responsible for analyzing and preparing credit proposals for new and existing commercial real estate relationships. The job function will also include the monitoring of Borrower’s financial performance to assist in the risk rating process. In addition, the Underwriter will assist in the preparation of monthly reports, perform ongoing portfolio analysis and complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field. Will consider commensurate experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in addition to strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, independently and achieve required objectives with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team environment, interacting with peers and management within the bank, as well as with customers and outside support (appraisers, attorneys, accountants, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (Candidate will be tested).
• Experience with real estate software a plus.
• Experience in an appraisal related field a plus.
• PA Real Estate License a plus.
Principle Activities and Duties:
• Perform underwriting of new and existing commercial real estate loans to assess the financial condition, repayment capacity and risks associated with the transaction.
• Review and analyze loan documents, leases, sales agreements and other related materials.
• Interpret information presented in real estate appraisals prepared for bank.
• Assure all analysis and underwriting conforms to credit policy, banking regulations and commercial real estate underwriting policies.
• Research trade publications, business newspapers, and economic forecasts in order to develop an awareness of economic activity and current events in the real estate industry. Evaluate this market information as to its impact on real estate and banking industry.
• Prepare monthly credit and loan reports.
• Perform additional assignments as requested.
Address: Three Gateway Center
Employment Status: Full-time
Schedule Information: Monday-Friday, 8:15AM-4:30PM
Benefits Information: Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym membership reimbursement.
Part-time employees qualify for 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym reimbursement.
For more information, please visit http://www.dollar.bank/company/careers/benefits .
EEO Statement: Dollar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.