Dollar Bank FSB Business Banking Underwriter in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Business Banking Underwriter is responsible for underwriting all new loan / lease applications, letter of credit, commercial credit cards and renewal applications. The individual works with Business Banking Representatives and Portfolio Managers and their customers regarding underwriting issues. The individual also works with Portfolio Managers on SBA Loan Packages and loan renewals/reviews. The Business Banking Underwriter prepares all loan / lease credit proposals and conducts reviews of existing credit facilities.
• Ability to prioritize; work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required. Will consider commensurate experience.
• Must have experience (either through coursework or work experience) analyzing tax returns and financial statements.
• Ability to handle several different tasks at one time.
• Very organized and detail oriented.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Underwriting experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (Candidate can be tested).
• Solid analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to analyze reports to draw accurate conclusions from data.
Principle Activities and Duties:
• Responsible for the preparation of quality, detailed financial analysis including cash flow models and collateral evaluations in order to identify potential credit risks.
• Make recommendations in accordance with sound banking practices in order to minimize risk exposure.
• Ensure commercial loan requests adhere to bank policies and procedures.
• Complete collateral analysis to verity it will support the loan / lease request.
• Review all credit information and financial statement spreads.
• Prepare approval worksheets and/or credit proposals and obtain required signatures for approval.
• Communicates and properly documents credit decisions.
• Be knowledgeable on all Banking Regulations such as Reg B, Reg Z, Reg O, Appraisal Guidelines, SBA, etc.
• Assists on special assignments and projects.
Address: Three Gateway Center
Employment Status: Full-time
Schedule Information: Monday-Friday, 8:15AM-4:30PM
Benefits Information: Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym membership reimbursement.
Part-time employees qualify for 401(k) with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and gym reimbursement.
For more information, please visit http://www.dollar.bank/company/careers/benefits .
EEO Statement: Dollar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.